30.7.12

Schick Hydro Silk Razor Product Review


Hey bunnies! I was lucky enough to get sent one of these awesome razors by Schick, the new Hydro Silk, before it even hits the shelves so you can keep your eyes peeled for it when its available to buy. If you are anything like me and loathe shaving then listen up because you will love this razor! Lets look why!

Shaving is such a long & boring process for me - I have to get in the shower, wait for my skin to adjust to the water, then I can lather up in the creamiest soap I have and then start shaving. I have tried these 'all-in-one' shavers before to try shorten that process but my skin always seems to react to the blades because the built-in moisturiser isn't strong enough and my skin goes red and lumpy and dry and then I get the ingrown hairs a week later and its horrible! I have tried a few different razors with a built-in moisturiser before and there was always still some degree of irritation no matter what. 
I was a little sceptical when I got this razor to try because of my past experiences. The new Schick Hydro Silk has water-activated moisturising serum infused with marine extracts in the razor attachment itself surrounding the blades. I have tried razors before that have a similar idea surrounding the blades but it always seems to take until halfway through your shave for the stuff to even work! So I was really impressed when this stuff became all gooey and moisturising instantly so I could start shaving right away. Score one to Shick! 



My next test came to the blades themselves. I often find with razors I have to go over the same trouble spots a few times to remove all the hair, particularly my knees (and if I had a dollar for every-time I nicked myself on the knee from shaving I would be a millionaire!) The Schick Hydro Silk has 5 curve sensing blades and a nice oval shaped cartridge which claims to get to those hard to reach places which it certainly does! I only had to go over my knees once and the job was done! And I didn't nick myself thanks to the unique skin guards on the blades which help prevent klutzes like me slicing their legs open! 

The last awesome thing I would like to mention is the soft touch handle which  is inspired by the water and looks like a mermaid would use it. Very pretty and looks great hanging up in the little suction cup holder (included in the pack) in my bathroom. This razor is so easy to use. I can now finally take up shaving my legs after a long & tiring 12 hour shift where I practically fall asleep in the shower and create some sort of shaving induced injury! Another score to Schick! Safety first people! 

Overall I am really impressed with the new Schick Hydro Silk razor and I will definitely be buying it in the future. My legs felt smooth & moisturised all day and I didnt use any other creams or lotions before, during or after using this razor. I'm a hard girl to please in the disposable razors category so am really happy I got to try this one as I probably wouldn't have looked twice at it in the shops! I rate this razor a 5/5! 



Now! Onto the fun part! As part of the new Hydro Silk promotion Schick are going to send out a few samples to my readers who recently put their hands up to be my guinea pigs. Keep an eye out for their reviews coming soon!

Didn't get a chance to be a guinea pig this time round? Stay tuned because I have some wicked competitions coming up and I am going to need more guinea pigs to help me test out some new products very soon! In the meantime, happy hair removal!! ( I dare you to say this to someone you see buying a razor next time you go shopping!) 

8 comments:

  1. i have entered the competition and like you i have experienced similar problems i currently use the Schick trim style razor and i love it! but if they have made an all-in-one that really is like you say i cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an awesome razor, im still using the same head attachment from day one and its still working perfectly.

      Delete
  2. The first thing I noticed about this razor was the handle, it is a gorgeous blue, and very easy to hold as the wide end fits perfectly in your hand and is not slippery at all. I did some research and could not find out whether the serum contained soap, so I just gave it a go, and was delightfully impressed. With a few seconds under the water and the serum was ready to go, and made the shaving experience beautiful, no extra shaving creams were needed. And most importantly, I did not come up with any sort of rash, I was thrilled! As I headed up my legs towards my knees, I got a little nervous, as I always do with razors. I always end up with small knicks on my knees that sting for days, but not this time! The curve sensing blades pulled through and no blood was shed! I am amazed at how well these blades worked, even though I had two full legs of hair, it took next to no time to shave them perfectly, and I didn’t even have to go back over the same spot repeatedly like I do with other razors I have tried.

    Overall this has been the best hair removal experience I have had in my many years on the search for something that doesn’t irritate my sensitive legs. I will definitely be re-purchasing the Schick Hydro Silk when it hits the shelves. I am so grateful I was able to try this razor out, as I know I would have over looked it in stores, because in the past razors just haven’t worked for me. Last but not least a big thank you to Schick for creating such a wonderful and easy to use razor! And to Jess for the opportunity to try out such a great product!

    Check out the full post on my blog at: http://pandaabelly.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/schick-hydro-silk-razor-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your review Nicky! Im glad you liked it as much as I did.

      Delete
  3. The cold winter months usually mean hairy legs hidden by long pants. Since starting roller derby I've discovered I can't get away with wild forest legs. Not only because stockings don't hide the hair but also because I'm scared I'll jinx myself and injure myself while having hairy legs. Not that I'm vain or anything...

    Read more at: http://www.tutuames.com/2012/08/review-schick-hydro-silk-razor.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never been a big fan of the all in one razors, and although this one provides a comfy handle and a beautiful silky feeling when you are using it(pretty sure i actually sighed), im afraid to say im still disappointed by the quality of the actual shave. my normal disposable razors provide me with the ability to shave only once a week at most while still having smooth feeling legs in between but i find using this razor i feel like i need to shave my legs about every 3 days :( and it has also given me ingrown hairs on the backs of my legs.. not sure if its just me but ive never had that problem before. so unfortunately i wont be buying these when they hit the stores :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sensitive legs and have to make sure my legs are super wet and lathered really well otherwise I end up with a rash and non stop itching!!!! So I was very surprised that after using this shaver once I did not get a rash or itchiness. This was in the shower so to test it properly I filled up the bathroom sink, dampened my legs dipped the shaver in the water and away I went. Two minutes later beautiful, soft legs, no rash, no itchiness and no nicks due the the 5 curve sensing blades and oval shaped cartridge. The Schick Hydro Silk glided over my knees with precision and ease and thanks to the soft blue silicon handle it don't slip once even when wet and I love the easy convenience of the suction holder in the shower.
    Overall I rate this product 5/5 and will definitely use again.

    ReplyDelete