30.4.12

I Love This Box April 2012



I was super excited to receive my first I Love This Box this month. I have been eyeing off their boxes for awhile now and decided to give them a go to see how they stack up against other beauty sample subscriptions boxes. The packaging was great and sealed beautifully. Big downfall though with the mineral blush going through the whole box and covering the other products with a lovely bronzed powder. They also included 2 little Red Tulip Easter eggs which is a nice touch. 

1) Chikki Natural Salon Quality Mineral Blush RRP $40 for 5g Sample size: sachet.

Nasties-free mineral blush suitable for sensitive skin. It is a very lovely shade but just a tiny touch too metallic for my own personal preference. Feels wonderfully silky when applied though. I rate this product a 3/5. 

2) Avado Sensitives Certified Organic Gel Exfoliant RRP $14.99 for 100ml Sample size: 100ml (full-sized product).

I really loved using this product. I got my ILTB box 4 days ago and have been using this product everyday since I got it and its a wonderfully gentle yet thorough exfoliant. I rate this product a 5/5.

3) Shanga Mineral Eyeshadow (in Orchid) RRP $24.95 for 1g Sample size: 1g (full-sized product).

I'm not a fan of loose eye shadows to start with and I didn't find this shadow to be pigmented enough, and I got a really dark purple almost black shade. Its not a bad product, I just wouldn't pay that price for it when there are so many better shadows out there for that price! I rate this product a 2/5.

4) Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipcolour RRP $16.95 Sample size: full-sized product.

This is a very rich & creamy lip colour and glides on nicely. I'm not a huge lipstick wearer so personally I wouldn't go too nuts over it. I got the Autumn Rush shade which really does remind me of Autumn and is a nice brown-red colour. A little dark for my liking but still a nice product. I rate this product a 3.5/5.

5) Just D'Lish Soap RRP $5 for 100g Sample size: 100g (full-sized product).

As soon as I opened the box this amazing scent just overwhelmed the senses! I got the sage & pomegranate scent and it is just divine! I haven't used this soap yet as I have a few still in rotation and didn't want to open yet another soap to clutter my bathroom so am just using it to make my room smell pretty. Based on scent alone I rate this product a 5/5! So yummy. 

Overall I was really impressed with this month's box. 4 full sized products is nothing to sneeze at and the products themselves were all a really nice mix. Maybelline was the only product I had heard of before so its always nice to try out new brands. A great sample box! 

No comments:

Post a Comment