8.2.12

The Body Shop Haul

Had a little shopping spree today and bought lots of goodies including new jeans & a new top for a work conference, new shoes (which were free thanks to today's Westfield special where you get a free $20 voucher with every $120 spent that day - score!) and some new beauty goodies from The Body Shop. I haven't spent much time in-store at the Body Shop and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a free mini facial before a foundation colour matching and complete makeover by one of their make-up consultants for free. Awesome! 

Today's Loot


Foundation Brush $27.95

I have been meaning to pick up a new foundation brush for ages now. The make-up consultant used this during my mini makeover and I loved it so just had to have it. Its very soft and blends make-up perfectly without getting half your product on your fingers instead. To wash brushes I just soak in a tea tree cleanser about once a week. 



Skin Primer Moisturise It $26.95

I am a huge supporter of primer's before applying foundation. If you have never used a primer before or even heard of them a primer is essential for smooth & easy application of foundation which you apply after your daily skin routine (so cleanse, ex-foliate & moisturise) and before you apply foundation. It creates an invisible barrier between your skin & the foundation to stop foundation seeping into your pores and makes your foundation last longer and look more even. I got the moisturising one (also available in matte) as I work in air-conditioning and often end up with dry skin and a flaky foundation by the end of a 12hr shift. 



Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation SPF 30 $43.95

I have always wanted to try mineral make-up and today was my day! This foundation is very light and easy to apply and gives a nice even coverage. You could build it up with a powder foundation over the top but I personally don't like my make-up to be too heavy and am lucky enough I have the skin that I can get away with a light application. And of course the SPF 30 is a must for us Queensland chicks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment